Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Letter to God

Dear God,

I want to first thank you for being so gracious and merciful to me. You were introduced to me through my mom... quiet but sometimes loud outbursts from praising you and giving you all the glory. As I spent nine months in her womb. My mom wanted a daughter and you gave me to her, out of your peaceful, serenity home called heaven. I was born to two loving, God respecting parents, who loved you with all their hearts and souls. I never had a care in the world. At times, it was difficult but I never saw my mom give up hope or saw her faith in you change. You got us through years of struggle and places, while keeping joy in our hearts. When my father died when I was eight, you lend my mom your strength to comfort my broken little heart. The first time I said "dad", was when I told him goodbye as he laid sleep in his coffin. You spoke through my mother to tell me he was at peace and in another place. She held me in her arms with your spirit moving through her to keep her strong for me.

I started rebelling in a new life in North Carolina, because I couldn't fully know my father. But you gave my mom the patience to handle me, while she had five other kids and a baby on the way. I saw your miracles on a regular basis, because clothes and shoes was always provided. It wasn't the best but it was enough. When there were empty dinner plates, you always provided food in some shape or form. My mom would just cry and praise you because she was thankful her babies didn't have to starve. My mom was married to an abusive alcoholic but you kept her safe, always loving, and her faith in you stronger than ever. I became a tom boy to toughen up, but you kept me close with obedience. You installed in my mom that there was no way without you, in return she gave us through knowledge to keep us connected to you.

Even seeing my mom lose her love ones and friends to death, I never saw her want to give up. You even seperated her from my stepfather, which wasn't a good environment for us. You gave me a blessing from my father that provided for me. No longer in NYC, was me and my little brother a target of elementary teasing. In a year time, I was the subject of being picked on to one of the fliest chicks in the school. My mom told me to thank you everyday but she didn't have to because I knew you was worth all the praise in the world.

When I was slipping in school because I was going through my teenage stage. You kept my mom calm and told her to let me deal with my different emotions. My mom just stood by me and supported me. While giving me suggestions which in return allowed me to graduate at 16. You kept me grounded and you kept my mom here by my side, which I will always be thankful for. You helped me stay focus when I was caught up in other things and you help me be the first one in my family to graduate from college with a degree in math and science. Not for one minute I didn't believe in your power and love for me. Now getting another degree, I can only thank you more times than I care to count. I know you are real because everything in my life has been given to me to help me. You always kept me and my family safe. When I was down about picking the wrong guy to date, you put in my heart that someone great will come.

I can not ever repay you God but I hope to continue to get closer to you through prayer and strengthen my spiritual connection to you. I appreciate everything that has came and went in my life because it caused my growth and maturity. Believing in you has been the light in my life. I hope to continue building my knowledge on and about your word to understand you better. As long as I'm connected to your glory, I will be strong and blessed. Thank you.
Until my next prayer/meditation:)
Giving you all my praise forever
Stephanie Marie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment