Monday, December 13, 2010

Sammie's "It's just a mixtape 2": My Review

I'm not giving my opinion to get a reply via twitter or to sugar coat anything to get a re tweet. This is my review as I hear it on Itunes as I write this post. Overall, It's a great Mixtape and I have a lot of respect for it. I give credit to Sammie for writing and vocally arranging great songs. I can hear the hard work and dedication in these records. The growth/maturity is there and the time/energy for perfection is also. I'm looking at this objectively and these are just my comments. Pretaining to a downloadable mixtape featuring a mans voice and lyrical abilities.

Sammie Baby, is one of the best songs on the mixtape. It's different, making you want to dougie and the lyrics are on point. The vocals are very good and the producer did a great job. I love this song.

Your Dude, I think many fellas can relate to this song. It has a sexy melody and again the vocals are on point. I think Jasper feature on the record was decent.

You, I couldn't really get into it. It was okay but could've been better. The vocals are good but the rap verse was weak.

It's Over, is a very Hot song. It has depth and passion as if it's from a personal experience. The beat I rock with, It's lyrically on point. Anybody can personally relate to this song, it's popping. Vocally, I can hear growth from the last mixtape, I love this song.

Emergency 911, Another song that's hot. It very relatable and has a personal feel to it. The lyrics are very appealing and well written. Vocally it's on point, I like this song.

I Won't Tell Nobody, is arranged beautifully. The vocals are bananas on this song and it makes you think. It really is a tear jerker. The melody is beautiful and calming. It's out of the box from the last mixtape and I like the different feel. I love this song.

We Can Work it Out, is a nice duet. My problem with this song is I can tell the difference between the maturity of the vocals. Keyiara did a good job but I can hear the difference, even though the mixing helped a lot. Overall, it's very decent.

Dear Industry, Is awesome. I love... love the spoken words, it's very deep and passionate. I don't like the music in the background. I think it would have more of an impact if no music was playing. The music take away from the spoken word by having a melody and singing around it. I love it still, just want to mute the background. Excellent job though.

R&B Love, lyrically written well. It definitely has the Round 2 feel to it and it's a nice slow jam. It's nice.

B Word 2, is sweet. But i don't like the lyrics much or vocals. I would rather prefer B Word, it's more passionate. I do like the chorus and the bridge but that's it. It's an okay song.

When A Woman Fed Up, I don't like this song. It's way too slow and I get the Trey Songz "Yo side of the bed" feel. It's not unique to me and the lyrics are mediocre.

Spontaneous Love, is unique and sexy. The melody has that "I want you now" feel to it. The vocals are slow and sensual, drawing me in. The lyrics are very good... I think this could be better then "wetter". I love this song.

Triangle, I can see why some say it's a tear jerker. It's nice and slow and deep. The vocals and lyrics are very good. I like this song.

Love Angel, is unbelievably amazing. Hands down the best song on IJAM2 to me, it's so sweet I could cry listening to this. The lyrics are beyond beautifully written, The vocals make me want to feel what you feel. I would pick this song over "You Are" and "40 days and 40 nights". I will have this on repeat for sure... like now lol. I absolutely love love love this song. GREAT JOB, it's wonderful. "I want to be her", Love it.

Black Rain, is so sweet and soft. I love the guitar and the melody. The vocals are amazing and it's written greatly. The key elements of love are in this song. It's a great song. I love this song

Coming Home This Christmas, Is a very good christmas song. I like that it goes well with the holidays. I like the vocals and lyrics, very well done. I love this song.

Dear Hater, Is great... I love the spoken words. But the beat in the background is killing me. I dislike how it taking away from focusing only on the words. I like the end when the beat stops because I can hear and focus on the wisdom of the analogy.

I love "Love Angel" I know I said that but it's worth the mixtape. I like the whole mixtape but hearing "Love Angel", you will be happy you've gotten IJAM2. "Sammie Baby" is another reason if you needed two reasons to get it. But all the songs have a right of it's own and it won't disappoint your R&B spirit. Go get it... Love angel, It's just a mixtape 2, Sammie baby.
Until next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment