Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bible 101: Intro

Many people and religious sects argue with the authenticity of christians modern day bible. The bible which is made up with Hebrew writings (old testament) and Greek writings (new testament), from men that received the word from God. The Bible was written by various men at different times through out history. With the christian bible by itself, there are many translations in the many branches of christianity. In 1604, King James of england ordered a new english version of the bible to be made in response to solve problems of earlier translations. The King James version was translated by 47 scholars and all members of the church of England.

Now scholars today say there are many mistranslations through out the King James version that many christians use today. The Jewish bible (old testament) is said to be transcibed through out the generations unfaulted in hebrew. I can personally say I've read different bibles in different christian denominations and many words are translated differently.

I study religions in general, I say I am christian because I believe in Jesus Christ but I will say I don't belong to a denomination. So far I've study... Catholic, Muslim, Jehovah Witness, Scientology, Pentecostal, Baptist, Judism, Mormonism, Buddhism. Each have it's own distinctive beliefs and practices and translations. But I always feel at the end of each study that christianity and the basic principles the bible teaches is the way to go. I do feel to fully understand the concept of being saved you need thoses basic principles. But if you want to get the full literal understanding you need to learn ancient hebrew and greek, which I will do someday. I have not found one church that is without humanly flaw and therefore I do not attend church. I feel to get spirituality connected with God, others cannot dictate that and only you can find that path.

I will start talking about different topics in the bible I feel is truly judge by people and not the texts. I feel you can not quote scriptures to fit with your theories. You have to read it and understand the period which it came from while trying your best to see how it applies in our time. Everybody interprets the bible in a different way, so you have to read it yourself and study to make sense of it. So many people my age (22), don't know half the stuff said in the bible. But only things their parents or preachers have told them. I'm teaching my mother new things that she grow up learning (baptist) that was false, so that tells you I'm beyond my years. I will answer any question, anytime.... eventhough I know people my age is not even thinking about the bible or religion.
Until next time:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment