Sunday, December 18, 2011

Poem: What is this?

When I see your face, I can't help but smile.
The simple pressure of your lips upon mines is unbearable.
The heat from your arms around me causes me to burn inside.
The touch of your hands relaxes my marathon mind.
The sweet truth in your scent makes me breathe clarity.
But I'm scare, terrified, what is this?
Is this real? Or just another tale of heartbreak?
But when I see your face, I can't help but smile because I'm no longer afraid.

I can't control my body around you.
The passionate kisses erases the pain.
The look in your eyes heals my heart.
The sucks on my neck accelerates my pulse.
The love in your fingers as you run them through my hair makes me weak.
But I'm scare, confused, what is this?
Is this only sexual? Or could it blossom into true love?
But when I see your face, I can't help but smile because I'm no longer in doubt.

I don't like not speaking to you.
The hurt I felt when you said goodbye was misery.
The talks on the phone even the silent ones are cherished.
The texts you send are like sunshine.
The voice you have is irresistible to my ears.
But I'm scared, detaching, what is this?
Are we best friends? Or will you just take this away again?
But when I see your face, I can't help but smile because I'm attached to you.

I'm not your girl. We both are single.
Our relationship can cause pain and destroy friendships.
Neither one of us want to take that risk but we can't fight it either.
Our hearts are pumping but our brains are lacking the blood supply.
The tension, the frustration, the fear is weighing on us.
But I'm scared, there's no commitment, what is this?
Are we friends? Secret lovers? Or just two people that will never be nothing more then this?
But when I see your face, "what is this?" disappears and I know that we just might be meant to be and nothing in this world can stop that but time. So I can't help but to smile because you are smiling back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment